Sunday, November 15, 2009

I think, therefore I see

once when i went home i had the usual talk with my mom. it was regarding work and like at MUWCI in general. she said" you are the one who decides what happens in your life. you choose things that are best for you, you see what i best for you and you hear what is best for you. so if you believe you can do well you will."..this went on forever...
anyway..after the talk i was wondering if i choose everything i see, what is the reason behind that choice. do my thoughts make me choose or does my choice make me think.
i believe that we think therefore we see.. our mind operates in a certain way. We develop patterns of thought that shape what we see or perceive and thus what we think, as well as how we will choose to think about new information that comes our way.we hold on to the pattern of thinking. when we see different things in our life our mind fills in the gaps between our experiences following the same chain of thought. it connects our thoughts and experiences in such way as to keep them as consistent and uniform as possible with what we already thought.
hence we see what we want. we develop beliefs that are consistent with what is already in our mind.anything that does not connect goes unnoticed.
hence, we think and then see.

No comments:

Post a Comment