Sunday, November 15, 2009

.....

“Philosophy is a study that lets us be unhappy more intelligently”....this quote made me think a lot about how studying philosophy has modified or changed so many of my beliefs. one of these them is the belief in God
before coming to MUWCI i some what did believe in the existence of God. but after my first year i no longer believed in God. i realized this recently when there was a religious ritual happening at home. when i was taking part in the ritual i did not take part with the same spirit as i would have taken part before..i questioned the methods of worship. i asked questioned the existence of God. and later i figured that all this while i just believed in God because my parents did.
after coming back to MUWCI i was having a discussion about this with a friend. she said that she believed there was some kind of force. and then i thought about what she said. after a lot of thought i came to conclusion that we all have this force within us. there is no supreme power controlling us. these individual forces guide us and keep us going. for example, i once got up and some how got a feeling that a family member was dead. and later my brother comes and gives me the news that my uncle passed away. this was purely on the basis of intuition. how was this possible? this subject still seems ambiguous to me..i believe individual forces or you can call it essence exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment